In our country, the ball valve is widely used in petroleum refining, long pipeline, chemical industry, paper making, pharmacy, water conservancy, electric power, municipal, industries and so on, holding the pivotal status in the national economy. It has 90 degrees of rotation movement, the cock body for a sphere with a round hole or tunnel through its axis.
Ball valve in the line is mainly used for cutting, distributing, and changing the flow direction of medium, it just has to rotate 90degrees of operating and small rotational torque to close tightly. The ball valve is suitable to be used as switch and cutting off valves.
Floating ball valve adopts two pieces of split type or an integral body design, according to ISO17992 standard. This series of ball valve are usually used in low pressure condition(150~300LB), the temperature raging from 196 to 500 degrees Celsius. This series of valves are all made of fire proof design, and according to the manufacturing API607 and manufacturing according to API607 and API6FA fire proof test.
Fixed ball valve with two or three pieces of fission side mounted or jacket structure design, accords with API6D standard. Soft sealing ball valves can meet the working temperature-46~200degrees Celsius.
This series of fixed ball valve has double block and bleed function, and the tight sealing glue injection system ensures in urgent situation to block leakage from the stem and seat. Jacket type structure can realize online change in the component, and convenient maintenance. DBV trunnion mounted ball valve series include: two pieces casting steel fission side type, jacket type casting steel, three pieces forged steel fission side mounted.
Welded ball valve adopts full welded body, especially suitable for gas transportation and storage industry. All welded body design making no conventional bolts to connect body and bonnet, ensures no hidden danger of body and bonnet leakage under any condition. In addition, forged steel valve body has the same size of the grain structure and uniform thickness to avoid the casting valve inherent defects of shrinkage cavity, air hole and so on.
Ball valve is widely used in recent years as a new type of valve, it has the following advantages:
1. The fluid resistance is small, its resistance coefficient with section of equal length.
2. Simple structure, small volume, light weight.
3. Compact and reliable, the ball valve sealing surface material widely using metals or fluorine plastic, with good sealing, also has been widely used in vacuum system.
4. Easy to operate, open and close quickly, from open to close just rotate 90degee, convenient for far distance control.
5. Easy maintenance, simple structure of ball valve, active sealing ring, making the remove and replacement more convenient.
6. When in fully open or fully closed position, the ball and seat sealing surface are separated with the medium, so as the medium goes through, it will not cause the valve sealing surface erosion.
7. Applicable scope is wide, size from small to several millimeters, big to a few meters, from high vacuum to high pressure force can be used. This valve shall generally be installed horizontally in the pipeline.